Gluten-free vegan rice cookies with chocolate chips will be presented by me on Restaurant Day on the 21st of February in St.-Petersburg /Russia/ by the address: Aptekarskii pr. 4, floor 4, the building of loft «Contour Family» (near underground Petrogradskaya) in the café with vegetarian menu «CAFE VEGGIE», which has a wonderful view at Botanical Garden.
- 2 and 1/4 cup gluten-free mix flour «Mix it!» Schaer
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tbsp sunflower / canola oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (the recipe of homemade is here)
- Preheat oven to 190°С (375°F).
- Cream shortening, oil and sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer.
- Add vanilla and water. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients except chocolate.
- Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, mix and let the dough sit about 10 minutes.
- Form the balls from the dough by hands and place them on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone carpet. Then flatten each ball and leave enough space between them, because the cookies will become 2-2,5 times bigger during the baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and allow them to cool a little bit before moving to a plate or cookie jar.
Leave a Reply