The popular in Russia biscuits «kurabiye» are made with gluten-free, diary-free, egg-free, vegan option with homemade jam from blueberries, which were gathered by me in the village.
- 1 pack (500 g) “Schaer” flour «Mix it! Universal»
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I make my own, you can find the recipe here)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 500 g blueberries
- 350 g cane sugar
- Mash the washed berries with sugar, put the mixture in a steel pan, let it boil and stew about 20 minutes, periodically stir slowly. Preheat the oven to 100°С (215°F) and put there a glass jar for 10 minutes. Put the cover of a jar in boiling water for at least 7 minutes. Wipe dry the jar and the cover, pour the jam in it and close a pot tight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°С (375°F).
- In one bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together.
- In another bowl, mix the softened shortening and the sugar together. Then add the vanilla, almond milk and 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal mixed in advance for a couple of minutes with 6 tbsp of warm water.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix only until combined. If the batter looks too dry, add in the almond milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Gather the dough and make small balls by hands with the deepening.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookie edges turn a golden brown. Then add jam in the deepenings. Let cookies completely cool before removing them from the baking sheet.