- 500 g fresh cowberries (red bilberries)
- 350 g vanilla sugar (sugar should be kept at least 5 days in a jar with vanilla pod)
- one star of anise
- Wash berries and put them in a stew pan together with the thyme and anise.
- Put the pot on the heat until the cowberries start to boil. Cook 5-7 minutes on the low heat under the cover.
- Take off the stew pan from the heat, throw away the thyme and anise. Add the sugar to the berries and mix until it melts.
- Pour the jam in sterilized in advance jars.
Leave a Reply