- 800 g minced beef
- half average size pumpkin
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g hazelnuts (pecans will work too)
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground salt and black pepper
- Peel and dice the pumpkin. Then boil with spices and little amount of water or broth for about 15 minutes. Take off the cardamom pods and mush the pumpkin.
- Pour oil into a pan and fry all over crushed by knife garlic cloves. Then throw them away. Add diced onion into a pan, sauté until gold. Fry on the same pan minced beef with half off the grinded nuts, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°С. In a baking dish put firstly the meat layer and then mushed pumpkin on the top. Decorate with other half of the nuts and bake for about 20 minutes.