- 1 large or two small heads of cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 tbls cranberries
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2-3 peas black pepper
- 1 liter water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Shred the cabbage into thin strips, grate the carrots on a fine grater.
- Mix the vegetables in a bowl with cumin by your hands, then gradually compact this vegetable mix in the jar by your fist.
- Bring water to a boil and add salt and sugar, cool it to about 80°C and slowly pour the water into the jar, put the cranberries, bay leaf and pepper on the top.
- The jar should be stored open at room temperature for 2-3 days and pierce with a wooden stick inside periodically. Then store it in the refrigerator.
Translated by Ruslan Anatolevich