There has been being Easter fast till 1st of May in Russia, so the matter of dairy-free and egg-free cuisine is topical now not only among people who have corresponding food intolerances or allergies. I’ve made my first gluten-free vegan butter and very happy with the taste of it. So now I am having a lot of baked goods in my mind, which I would like to try to cook with using this vegan butter. The recipe of the butter is very simple and needs only 5 ingredients. In a fridge it can be kept for 4 weeks, in the freezer – a few months. Using in the recipe the refined not extra virgin coconut oil is highly recommended for the purpose of not feeling the taste of coconut in the butter. If you don’t have the intolerance to soy, the liquid or in capsules soy lecithin will work too.
- 1,5 cup melted refined coconut oil (I used the whole jar of «Spectrum Naturals»)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew/almond/coconut milk
- 1/4 canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sunflower liquid lecithin
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in an air tight container and put it in a freezer for a couple of hours to let the butter have smooth texture. Then you can replace it in the fridge.