And again my favorite pasta…this time with potatoes «Pasta e patate». It is very delicious and simple for cooking! This Neapolitan dish is made from leftover food, like different kind of pasta from the bottom of the boxes. But I think that it is rather funny to mix penne and fusilli together, for instance. Children will surely like that. And, of course, you can experiment with other kind of macaroni too.
- 125 g penne
- 125 g fusilli
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (one fresh/canned skinned and chopped will work too)
- 500 ml fat broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
- vegan parmesan (optional)
- In a stew pan, saute skinned chopped onion and stalk of celery with olive oil.
- Add to pan tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Then add skinned and chopped potatoes and saute it for a minute.
- Pour broth and stew vegetables under the cover.
- At that time in another pot with boiling and salted water, add firstly penne and then fusilli, stir pasta from time to time until done al dente.
- Mix cooked pasta with vegetables in a pan and serve hot with vegan parmesan (or real if you don’t have diary intolerance).
Leave a Reply