I’ve finally found the chia seeds in my cupboard and made a jam with them. If you are on the dairy-free diet, chia seeds will help to compensate the lack of calcium in your body. You may cook with any berries you would like to. I made jam from red currents.
- 1 cup berries (frozen will work too)
- 1/2 cup palm coconut sugar / maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Wash the berries under the cold water and put them in a blender, grind until smooth.
- In a saucepan, bring water with sugar to a boil, leave the pan on the heat until sugar melts. If you use maple syrup instead of palm coconut sugar, you just need to grind it together with the berries.
- Pour water with sugar in a blender to mashed berries, add chia seeds, and mix well.
- In a steel pan, let jam boil and stew about 10 minutes, or until the jam becomes thicker.
- Preheat the oven to 100°С (215°F) and put there a glass jar for 10 minutes. Put the cover of a jar in a boiling water for at least 7 minutes. Dry the cover, pour the jam in a jar and close it tightly. Let it cool at room temperature at first, then keep jam in a fridge.