It is a very nice recipe of gluten-free vegan ginger biscuits, the idea of which I’ve taken from the website of sarahbakesgfree.com, but changed the method of cooking, cause it was rather difficult to put such thin dough into baking sheet according to her instructions. So one of the culinary know-how working with such a capricious dough: line a piece of food plastic wrap on the table and pour the dough in the middle of it, roll it in this paper and put it in a confectioner’s bag. And then you will be able to squeeze very accurate rounds of dough into baking sheet.
- 2/3 cup «Mix it! Universal» Schaer
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic palm coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed/canola oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp home-made vanilla extract (the recipe is here)
- Preheat oven to 170°С (340°F). Line baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone carpet.
- In medium bowl sift together «Mix it! Universal», oat flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer mix together coconut sugar, applesauce, oil, molasses and vanilla extract. Stir until blended. Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Squeeze rounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet (by the method, which is mentioned above).
- Bake biscuits for about 20 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet before moving.
Leave a Reply