Winter gluten-free tomato sauce is excellent for pizza and as a basis of Bolognese sauce. It is almost impossible to find good fresh tomatoes in Russia now, so I use for this recipe Italian organic canned tomatoes. In summer I usually buy vegetables in the village and try to make and freeze so much different sauces as possible.
- 500 g skinned and chopped fresh/or canned tomatoes
- 30-50 ml olive oil
- 1 fresh chili or other kind of hot pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- Pour oil into a deep stewing pan and fry all over sliced pepper and crushed by knife garlic cloves. Then throw them away.
- Add diced onion into a pan, fry until gold.
- Then add tomatoes and stew them with the cover about 20-30 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Add salt, sugar, basil and oregano 5 minutes before the tomatoes are ready.
- Grind the sauce until smooth by the instrumentality of a mixer in a bowl.