Happy World Vegetarian Day! But I’ve cheated a little bit today, this pizza would be 100% vegan if I didn’t use prosciutto 😳 .
- pizza base “Schaer”
- Italian sun-dried tomatoes
- prosciutto crudo La Felinese (for those who are not on vegan diet)
For tomatoes’ sauce:
- 500 g of skinned and chopped tomatoes
- 30-50 ml olive oil
- 1 fresh chili or other kind of hot pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
For vegan parmesan:
- 3/4 class cashews
- 3 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pour oil into a deep stewing pan and fry all over sliced pepper and crushed by knife garlic cloves. Then throw them away.
- Add diced onion into a pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, stew them with a cover for about 20-30 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Put salt, sugar, basil and oregano 5 minutes before the tomatoes are ready.
- Grind the sauce using the instrument of a mixer in a bowl. The sauce, which will be left, can very simply be frozen for later usage.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix/pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.
- Top the pizza base with the tomatoes sauce, prosciutto, dried tomatoes and sprinkle with vegan parmesan.
- Bake for 12 minutes in preheated in advance oven to 210°С (410°F).