Traditional Russian dish – cabbage rolls.
- 0,5 kg minced meat (beef)
- 1 cabbage head
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 tbsp ketchup/tomato paste
- 0,5 liter broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
- In a big pot, bring water to a boil, add 2 tsp of salt. Put a knife in a middle of a cabbage head and put it for two minutes in boiling water. When you take a cabbage head from pot, you will be able to cut a few first leafs with the help of another knife very easily without damaging them. Then repeat this procedure (put again in water for 2 minutes and so on) as much times as you need to cut enough leafs for cooking (about 15-20 pieces).
- In a stew pan, saute skinned chopped onion and shredded carrot with olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix sauted vegetables, minced meat, rice, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- In a middle of each leaf, put about 1 tbsp of a mixture, wrap it in a roll and put each roll in a deep sauce pan.
- Pour the broth enough to be slightly above the rolls and stew them under the cover for about 40 minutes.