Those are my gluten-free, vegan, no refined sugar angels for struggling against Halloween’s evil. I am already in New Year’s Eve mood 🙂 The recipe is as always below. And I am organizing Gluten-free Festival at my second Restaurant Day.
- 1,5 cup of gluten free flour blend (2 cups brown rice flour, 1 cup white rice flour, 1 cup potato starch, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, 2 tsp xanthan gum)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup organic palm coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or coconut or almond/rice/soy milk, room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (the recipe is here)
- Preheat the oven to 170°С (340°F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper/silicone carpet.
- In medium bowl sift together flour blend, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, molasses, coconut oil, syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture and continue to mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Use hands to knead dough until it comes together. Form into a disc and cover it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Lay out large piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place the disc of cookie dough in the center and top with another piece of plastic wrap/parchment paper. Roll with rolling pin until dough is few millimeters.
- Cut dough using cookie cutter of desired shape. Carefully place cookies on prepared baking sheets (place dough back in refrigerator if it gets too soft to work with).
- Bake cookies for 7-13 minutes. Remove from oven and don’t move until they cool completely.