My variation of gluten-free vegan pitted prunes in chocolate and marchpane sweets.
- 125 g raw gluten-free cacao powder
- 75 g cacao butter
- 2-6 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (you can find the recipe here)
- a pinch ground cinnamon
- pitted organic prunes
- 150 g almond flour
- 100 g organic sugar powder
- 1 tbsp organic almond extract
- 6 tbsp water
- nuts as an option for decoration
- Mix the almond flour, sugar powder, almond extract and water. You will get a mixture like a plasticine, but very sticky. Make a form of sausage by your hands, wrap it in food film and place in a refrigerator for about one hour.
- Then form the balls of marchpane and put them in paper molds. Put the prunes in wrappers.
- Warm the cacao butter in water bath very carefully, cause the chocolate doesn’t like fat or water. That is why I always wipe all instruments and bowls, that have a contact with chocolate, by gluten-free vodka. Then mix all together: melted butter, cacao powder, agave nectar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon by the instrumentality of your hands or a mixer (but on the lowest speed!). Pour the chocolate in the molds and leave them in cool place, but not in a fridge! The sweets will set in couple of hours.