Kharcho – Georgian soup very fat and tasty for the frosty winter day.
- 0,7 kg veal on the bone
- 2 liters water
- 200 gr white rice
- one can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 white onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- bay leaf
- black pepper
- pinch of saffron
- Put meat, peeled carrot and one union in a pot with water. Bring to a boil.
- Then add bay leaf and pepper, simmer for 1,5 hours. Add salt at the end, when the broth is ready.
- Throw away the onion and the carrot and strain the broth. Chop meat into pieces.
- Chop into very small pieces second onion and fry it with the oil in a pan.
- Add tomatoes to a pan and bring to a boil, then add rice and stew on a small heat under the cover for about 10 minutes.
- Add the saffron and take the pan away from a heat.
- In a boiled meat broth add the tomatoes mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add pealed cloves of garlic and pieces of meat, simmer for other 5 minutes.
- Serve soup with fresh dill and/or cilantro.
Leave a Reply