I’ve finally started the process of making diary free yoghurt and ice-cream. I’ve been preparing for it properly, so I’ve made the whole research and discovered that cashew milk is the best for using in such purposes. But as there is no opportunity to buy it where I live at that moment, I’ve made my own cashew milk (the recipe will be published later). And as after this process there is a lot of nut pulp left, I used it for making different kind of desserts. This recipe is very fast, simple and extremely delicious!
- 1 cup cashew, grinded into flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of cardamom
- pistachios (optional)
- In a pan, mix sugar, cardamom and cold water, bring to a boil. Keep it on medium heat, until sugar melts completely. To check the syrup consistency, take a few drops and put them on the plate, caramel shouldn’t dissolve in water immediately.
- Then add cashew flour, keep the low heat and stir the mixture all the time during 3-5 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and put dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll it into a thin layer and cut into pieces.
- You can also put pistachios in the middle of the desserts for decoration, but you should do that very fast, until kaju katli becomes too hard.