Today I want to share with you how it is very easy and simple to make homemade dairy-free ice cream with no gluten and refined sugar. Since I’ve been diagnosed with all my intolerances, I’ve eaten a lot of dairy-free frozen products in Europe (like «TofuLine», for instance) or USA (for example, «So Delicious Dairy Free», which is now one of my favorite brands), but homemade ice cream is not less delicious as bought in the supermarket. Moreover, I live in Russia and here there are still no sellers of dairy-free and gluten-free ice creams, so not much opportunities as to make one my own. I’ve succeed to be in States last December and brought with me wonderful ice cream maker «Cuisinart», which helped me to make my first chocolate masterpiece in my kitchen.
- 1 can (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk (I use AROY-D)
- 10 soft and pitted dates
- 1 cup cashew milk (the recipe is here)
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (the recipe is here)
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- Put the bowl of your ice cream machine in the freezer 24 hours before you start to make ice cream.
- Grind in a blender dates and coconut milk, until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well (they should be all of the room temperature).
- Put the mixture for an hour in the freezer.
- Prepare your ice cream maker and switch it to «on» position, then pour the mixture through ingredient sprout. Ice cream will be ready in about 10-20 minutes (instructions may vary, depending on your machine).
- Keep in the airtight container in the freezer.