This time I was inspired by a wonderful Franco-Tunisian drama film «La graine et le mulet», also released internationally as «Couscous». The French title of the film refers to a «grain of couscous» and to mullet, a type of small fish. In my version it is Russian Astrakhan’s pike perch and gluten-free couscous from corn.
- pan-ready pieces of pike perch with skin (other kind of white fish will work too)
- 4 red cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch of dried basil
- pinch of dried rosemary
- sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 glass couscous (I used from corn)
- 1 glass water
- Preheat oven to 180°С (350°F).
- Slice tomatoes into small pieces and mix them with crushed garlic, dried herbs, sea salt and pepper.
- Make incisions in the skin of the fish and put in the tomato’s mixture; add salt, pepper, capers and olive oil.
- Bake fish for about 20 minutes.
- To prepare garnish, bring water to the boil, add the same weight of couscous and 1 tbsp of olive oil; leave to rest for 5 minutes